Marine Safety Consultants is staffed with experienced personnel who are highly qualified in many areas and disciplines relating to the maritime industry. As a result, we can provide consulting services in many diverse areas.
- Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture for vessel construction, re-fit and machinery installations
- Expert Witnesses to provide testimony in matters relating to vessel operation and accident or casualty evaluations
- Crisis and Emergency Response Management services provided to owners, managers and underwriters throughout the maritime industry from initial response through the recovery phase efforts
- Waterfront facilities construction and repair evaluations.
- Pollution Protection contingency planning and operations manuals for transfer facilities and product vessels; Facility Response Plans (FRP); Vessel Response Plans; marine transportation related FRP’s
- Safety Management Systems for the maritime workplace, from job-specific evaluations to oversight of practices; SMS auditing services.
- Third Party Claims Management resulting from oil spills and maritime catastrophes.
- Sub Chapter-M compliance inspections, training and seminars
- Security Plans for compliance with the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002
- Vessel and Facility Response Plan and development / management service.
- Vessel and Facility Security Plan development / management service.
- Subchapter M Safety Management System (SMS) development
SMS audits in conjunction with recognized Third-Party Organization
Health / Safety / Environmental Plan (HSE) development
HSE audits and management
- Towing Vessel: Inspection compliance for EPA vessel general Permits
Safety and Compliance
- OSHA/IMCA/ IMO inspections
- On site risk assessments
- Safety training to standards
- Emergency Response Plans and Response Management
- Clean Bilge Oil / Development & Training
- Qualified Individual Training Services
- Emergency Spill Response Management